Video marketing has consistently been hailed as an important marketing strategy for 2015 and beyond. More and more consumers are using iPads, tablets, laptops and mobile devices to view watch their favorite video channels.
Video marketing is a powerful avenue for connecting with your prospective clients. Whether it’s videos on YouTube or shorter videos on Vine, Instagram and Snapchat, your audience is consuming videos at a rapid pace.
Video marketing has a major affect on sales. Here are some statistics that demonstrate why video marketing should be a major focus of your marketing budget.
- The value of one minute of video is 1.8 million words, according to Forrester Research. Think about that for a minute. 1.8 million words is the equivalent of 3,600 typical webpages. If you write an average of one web page an hour, it would take you 150 days to achieve the same impact of one minute of video.
- 4% of internet users view at least one video per month. The average user is exposed to 32.2 videos per month. (comScore.com)
- 100 million internet users watch online video every day.
- 90% of online shoppers say they find video helpful in making shopping and buying decisions.
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week. 50% watch business-related videos on YouTube. 65% visit the marketer’s website after viewing a video. (Forbes)
- Another interesting fact is that viewers tend to remember video content. 80% say they recall video ads watched on websites and 40% of them took some action after viewing the video. Of those, 26% looked for more information, 22% visited the website named in the ad, and 12% purchased the specific product featured in the ad.