Qualify Your Pipeline with The Prospect Scorecard
Presented by StartUpSelling, Inc.
Our Speakers: Alan Blume & John Scranton
- What is it The Prospect Scorecard?
- How do you currently describe prospects?
- How do you create a Scorecard? (Live Example)
- How do you use the Prospect Scorecard?
- How to obtain your sample Scorecard
What is the Prospect Scorecard?
- Quantitative Prospect Qualification Tool
- Allows Salespeople to Measure Who Will Buy
- Available via iPhone App or Microsoft Excel
Why is the Scorecard Important?
- Objective pipeline measurement system, part of the 4-Phase Sales Process
- How many salespeople have described a prospect as Hot? Cold?
- What does that mean?
- An 8 out of 10 is much more valuable
- Accurate numerical scores show the true strength of a sales pipeline
- “I have a bunch of hot prospects.” vs. “I have a 10, two 9’s, and three 8’s – with BUD”.
How do I create a Scorecard?
- Determine the Attributes of your best clients
- We suggest no more than 10
- Examples could be:
- Company Size
- Geographic Location
- Create Prospect Qualifier Acronym
- Lets see a live example…
What are our qualifying attributes?
- $2 to $50 Million in Revenue
- Have access to sufficient Budget
- Open to Outsourcing
- Insufficient Marketing Resources
- Specialized or Verticalized
Bonus Point: Referral or Cross-Sale
What is our Prospect Qualifier Acronym?
B – Budget
D – Decision Maker
Other examples: BUNT, BUTANE, RENT, OUT, PUNT, etc.
Using the Prospect Scorecard
- Run each through your scorecard
- Measure their attributes against those of your best clients
- Creates as objective value of your prospect’s likelihood to purchase
- This will show you who is worth your largest time investment
- The Prospect Scorecard is one of the many sales & marketing tools we provide
Question & Answer Session