Review these top ten tips to help create a professional and successful insurance agency blog:
- Be Consistent – Publish at least one blog a week, and do it every week. Gaps impact credibility for both your readers and your insurance search engine optimization.
- Speak To Your Audience – It’s about them, not you. What topics interest them? What impacts their businesses?
- Vary Content Fulfillment – Blogs should include complimentary digital content when possible. This might include a link to a video, and infographic, a webinar, a case study, or new regulations (ACA, OSHA, etc.).
- Don’t Make It About Insurance – “I can save you money on your commercial insurance” is not the type of blog that agencies should publish. As noted in Tip #2, stick with topics that will interest your target market.
- Leverage Social Media – Whenever you post a blog, make sure you share it on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+.
- Include Social Media Sharing Icons – Make it easy to share your blogs by including “chiclets” (sharing icons) at the bottom of every blog.
- Don’t Just Blog, Vlog – A short video or recorded webinar can be used to make a great blog. These look very professional when sharing on social media.
- Include Images – Blogs always look more professional when an image is included. Images make blogs more likely to be read.
- Include A Call To Action – Though your blogs should be educational, it’s absolutely acceptable to indluce a Call To Action link and phone # at the end of your blogs. For example, “For more information on this topic, click here, or call us at 555-555-5555.”
- Make It Easy To Find – Make sure your blog is easy to find on your insurance agency website. At a minimum, have your blog accessible from your main navigation, but it’s even better if it’s also accessible from a Call To Action button on your home page.
Your insurance agency blog provides you with a great opportunity to showcase expertise. Many agencies can blog on their own, utilizing their internal staff. Those agencies that lack the time or resources to blog consistently, can contact the digital content insurance marketing experts at StartUpSelling.