What is anchor text?
First, let’s start with a basic definition of anchor text. Simply stated, anchor text refers to the text that incorporates a link to another web page. Here is an HTML anchor text example:
<a href=”http://www.yourawesomeagencywebsite.com”> Awesome XYZ Agency</a>
The phrase “Awesome XYZ Agency” which would appear as a live link on a web page, is an example of anchor text and will result in an active link back to a specific website. In this example, the website is: “http://www.yourawesomeagencywebsite.com” (this is a fictitious website, and I certainly hope that nobody would use a website name that long).
Why should your insurance agency use anchor text?
1. Most SEO specialists believe that anchor text helps search engine rankings, improving your organic search Engine Results Pages (SERP). It can be very helpful to include your preferred keywords in your anchor text. For example, California Health Insurance or Michigan Construction Insurance.
- <a href=”http://www.yourawesomeagencywebsite.com/california-health”> California Health Insurance</a>
- <a href=”http://www.yourawesomeagencywebsite.com/michigan-construction”> Michigan Construction Insurance </a>
2. Anchor text improves insurance agency website navigation. It offers enhanced internal and external linking helping your website visitors navigate to both internal pages and resources and external pages and resources (make sure you follow SEO best practices with SEO links, leveraging “No Follow” commands, etc.). The links might include phrases like: Commercial Insurance, Health Benefits, Insurance Quote, Click Here, etc.
- <a href=”http://www.yourawesomeagencywebsite.com/health-quotes”> Health Insurance Quotes</a>
- <a href=”http://www.yourawesomeagencywebsite.com/compliance”> Click here for Compliance Info</a>
- <a href=”http://www.yourawesomeagencywebsite.com/blog”> Visit Our Blog</a>
You can also link to a specific resource. For example, your anchor text can highlight a specific PDF, client testimonial or video. Anchor text can help direct website visitors to your most current and best content. Think of these links as prominent road signs, pointing you in a certain direction, such as: “Anaheim Next Exit”, “Exit 40 Food And Lodging”, “Take Exit 5 To Route 93”, etc. Anchors point web visitors in a direction they (or you) might wish to travel.
3. These links make your insurance agency website more professional looking. Not only can the links help with navigation, they can make your site look more dynamic, interesting and content rich. For example, it’s great to include multiple anchor links to your blog(s), insurance resources, article directory, newsletters and white papers. For example, let’s say that a web visitor, a group benefits prospect, is visiting your insurance agency website healthcare page. Anchors allow web visitors to easily find your Group Benefits Newsletter, or to fill out a web form for a new compliance update which can greatly enhance their web experience.
Insurance agency websites should leverage anchor text strategies to improve navigation, SEO and highlight preferred content. How do implement these types of changes? These are basic HTML changes which almost any website should be able to accommodate. HTML coding changes are simple for any website developer, competent insurance marketing agency, or if your agency is using a content management front end (Drupal, Adobe, etc.) these types of changes can often be done by your own relatively non-technical resources. WordPress and Template sites often allow these changes, though some insurance agency template based websites are extremely simple and limit changes of this type. My recommendation is to review anchor link opportunities on each key page of your insurance website, and quickly implement. This presupposes your insurance agency website is up to date and currently includes clear calls to action for each applicable page. That should be first on your agenda, before you tackle the important insurance web marketing plan discussed in this article.
For more information go to: https://startupselling.com/insurance-agency-seo.html.