This list of 9 things I am thankful for was originally posted on November 23rd, 2010, but not much has changed…
- The Internet – Al Gore’s great invention has allowed us to build a great and profitable company from a series of virtual (home) offices. Amazing technological progress. Thanks Al!
- GoToMeeting – I meet with clients, prospects and colleagues via GoToMeeting everyday. Easy to use, effective and affordable. Thank you Citrix!
- LinkedIn – The social network of business has allowed me to consistently find prospects and clients via the web, for free. I will repeat that because it is so important – for free! Thanks LinkedIn!
- WordPress – Simple and easy to use blog interface. Attractive and professional blog templates. And like our friends at LinkedIn, they provide this service at the low cost of free. Thanks WordPress!
- eMarketing – What if I told you that you can email your target prospects, then see who read, opened or clicked on the email? Then you can call these interested parties and sell to them. I do this every week, and our results have been impressive. Thank you eMarketing!
- Skype – You may be noticing a theme, but it appears I like things that have little or no cost. I used to have a cell phone glued to my ear. Now I have a comfortable headset that allows me to connect with people for free. Thank you Skype!
- SEO – Not only has SEO become a great source of new business, it has also become one of our most popular services. Agencies find us as a result of our impressive SEO, and want to develop the same pervasive presence. Thanks SEO!
- The Knack – This book by Norm Brodsky with Bo Burlingham has become somewhat of a small business Bible for me to refer to and learn from. I have read it twice this year, and reviewed chapters several times. Candid and direct insights for small business people. Thanks Norm!
- My Pipeline – The best way to finish off the year is with a flurry of sales activity. The best way to achieve this is with a vibrant, robust prospect pipeline. I am fortunate to have a great pipeline to work with and great sources for new prospects. Thanks Pipeline!