Social media marketing is an integral part of your online presence. Not only are you communicating directly with potential customers, but you are building a loyal, engaged brand that will continue to feed your business as long as it is well nurtured. Google is increasing its ranking of websites with well engaged social media accounts and have been displaying social media posts directly in search results. Since competition is fierce, here are 14 tips to help you get the ball rolling on your social media conquest.
- Set measurable and achievable goals for each social media network.
- Prioritize quality over quantity. Five relevant, quality articles will reap higher rewards than 10 articles that were quickly thrown together.
- Focus, and choose the best social media platforms for your business. Select the one or two social platforms that best fit your target markets and spend your marketing time wisely. Yes, you can and should post to many platforms, but focus on those most applicable to your business.
- Check out the competition. Study your competitors and brand leaders thoroughly to learn their strategies.
- Follow back and interact! Social media is all about quality interaction. Build your follower base.
- Don’t over share. It doesn’t work. Respect your followers by sharing relevant, quality content.
- Respond to all feedback whether positive or negative. One of your social media marketing goals should be to maximize quality engagement.
- Automate content posting. Use tools such as Hootsuite, Social Report or Buffer to automate your posts and save some time.
- Use hashtags strategically and reasonably. Try to sum up the subject you are sharing with one or two relevant hashtags, three maximum.
- Deliver content consistently. Consistency, quality, relevant posting will be the key to your social media marketing success.
- Analyze past content to improve future posts. Use analytics to analyze the effectiveness of your content and marketing strategy. Which posts have had the best results, and why? Measure, refine and execute again.
- Use keywords and images in your posts. Keywords will help you reach your audience, and images help gain attention. If you are targeting high net worth prospects, and create a posts on yachts, make sure the keyword and hash tags include yachts and utilize an enviable yacht image.
Contests, surveys, publishing, ad and a post boosts are all important components of a successful social media marketing campaign. If your agency is interested in improving your insurance social media initiatives, or you want to optimize your insurance agency marketing and lead generation, contact StartUpSelling, and receive a free insurance lead gen and web marketing review.