If your insurance agency has not yet started on your insurance agency SEO (or an insurance agency search engine marketing initiative), consider these 5 basic steps to move forward, and to do so quickly.
- Create a list of you preferred keyword phrases. Examples of this include: New York Liability Insurance, Connecticut Business Insurance, Owner Operator Insurance or Group Health Insurance. These are called long tail keyword phrases and need to appear prominently on your agency website. Financial professionals should be able to determine many of these without assistance as they are mentioned in your ever day discussions, and then should review these phrases in Google AdWords, a free and simple tool provided by Google.
- Select the best phrases for your agency after reviewing them in Google AdWords using both competitive and less competitive phrases. Even searches that occur 10 times a month can be valuable to your insurance agency marketing plans.
- Incorporate these phrases into your insurance website. Target 6% as an ideal keyword density (as of this writing) for each of your best phrases. This is easier if you have a page dedicated to a particular type of coverage. For example, if your agency was in Connecticut and you have a page dedicated to group health insurance, your agency should target a 6% density for this phrase (Connecticut Group Health Insurance) on that page. An oversimplification of this would be that this phrase would appear six times for every 100 words on that website page (the formula is a little more complicated than this – but this is the basic concept).
- Add this phrase to the HTML coding on your website. You may need a technical person or “coder” to do this for your agency. These should be added to the meta description and meta keywords to start. There are many other places within the actual HTML code that allows for keyword phrase addition, but at a minimum, start with the meta keywords and description.
- Add these keyword phrases to your insurance agency blog. If you don’t have an integrated website blog, your insurance agency should add one right away. Insurance agency blogs optimize content creation and help with both agency SEO and insurance search engine marketing. Remember, if you have very little content, there is little for the search engine robots (Google, Bing, etc.) to index. Blogs offer a great way to provide relevant content to clients, prospects, and yes, to the search engine indexing “bots” too.
Of course, these are just the basics for an insurance SEO initiative. There are much more sophisticated tools available than those provided for free, and many sophisticated nuances to insurance SEO and search engine marketing (sometimes referred to as Search Marketing Optimization). That said, there is nothing wrong with a “crawl, walk, run” approach, and these basics can help move your agency past the infancy stage of your insurance SEO program.
Follow these basic steps and you’ll be walking before you know it. However, if your agency is a sprinter as opposed to a walker, you can outsource your insurance agency search engine marketing initiative to a reputable insurance marketing agency and get off to a running start.
StartUpSelling, Inc., provides outsourced marketing, sales and lead generation services focusing in the areas of insurance eMarketing, insurance agency webinars, insurance agency SEO, insurance social media marketing and insurance agency website development. StartUpSelling, Inc. specializes in innovative entrepreneurial marketing and sales concepts. For more information visit: https://startupselling.com/insurance-agency-marketing.html.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Alan_Blume
Posted in: Insurance Agency Lead Generation
, Insurance Agency Marketing
, Insurance Agency Marketing Plan
, Insurance Agency SEO
, Insurance Agency Web Marketing
, Insurance Agency Websites
, Search Engine Optimization