Properly executed email marketing programs put your agency marketing efforts on steroids. Agencies are often swept up with the hottest new tools, like social media, but email marketing remains one of the highest performing lead generation tools available.
Email marketing engages prospects and builds value with your current clients. It allows you to leverage your efforts through automation, making it seem like you have a team of agency marketers working for you 24/7/365. It’s like rolling a snowball down a hill that eventually turns into an avalanche.
The challenge is many agencies do not execute email marketing initiatives correctly, and end up hurting the the agency more than they help. Here are 5 quick tips to drastically improve your email marketing open and response rates.
- Perfect the Subject Line – It all starts with a great subject line. If you can’t get people’s attention they won’t read the rest of your email. Also, do not use spammy words like “free”, “save” or “money” – they turn people off and will get you blocked by spam filters.
- Keep It Short – If people open an email and see a small novel they will instantly be turned off. Keep your emails short and sweet, making your point in as few words as possible.
- Remove the Fancy Stuff – Email marketing systems offer templates to create fancy emails. Don’t use them. Templates make your message appear salesy and can create spam issues.
- Write Like A Friend – The structure of your email should look like a professionalized version of an email you would send to a friend. Use plain text and don’t be afraid to be a little conversational.
- Calls To Action – The point of sending the email is to entice your prospect to take some type of action. Be sure you include a call to action that is easy to see and clearly articulated.
To learn more about how your agency can improve email marketing results, visit StartUpSelling or call (518) 222-6392 for a one to one review.
Originally Posted on January 6, 2015 by John Scranton
Posted in: eMarketing