- Posted on May 25, 2015
- by Alan Blume
What’s the difference between news releases and press releases? According to many sites including PRWeb, Press Releases infer an old way of doing things and News Releases represent a more current approach, embracing a digital, internet based strategy. The old “Press Release” method includes:
- Distribution via proprietary databases to media targets
- Textual release style
- Measure hits in terms of traditional mainstream media
- Limited releases access of 30 days
The new “Insurance News Releases” method includes:
- Huge distribution via the Internet such as RSS feeds, Google, Yahoo, etc.
- Multimedia style with images, video, website feeds and audio
- Measure media hits, SEO statistics and website traffic analysis
- Send news to traditional media, bloggers and websites
- Lengthy (sometimes unlimited) release access
That said, many marketers use the terms Press Release and News Release interchangeably. The real question remains, should marketers be using releases as part of their ongoing insurance content marketing efforts. Let’s answer this question with another question. Is your agency interested in some or all of the following marketing goals?
- Expand market presence – deliver a targeted message to a broad target market
- Improve agency name recognition – make sure your prospects “know” your name
- Reach new markets – reach out to new vertical target markets, niches or geographies
- Demonstrate expertise – showcase industry knowledge and demonstrate thought leadership
- Improve insurance SEO – insurance search engine optimization specialists have shown that news releases positively influence SEO
- Increase website traffic – news releases can deliver well over 100,000 impressions per release, and are picked up by thousands of media outlets
Agents, brokers and insurance wholesalers can and should take advantage of news releases to expand their insurance marketing initiatives. For more information on insurance content marketing topics, email email@example.com or call (518) 222-6392 for a one to one consultation with one of our insurance marketing specialists.
Posted in: Insurance Agency Marketing, insurance agency press releases, Insurance Agency Web Marketing, Insurance Content Marketing, Insurance Search Engine Marketing